In April, Schumacher Racing will start distribution the new competition 1/10th Scale 2WD Off Road car the Cougar Laydown. The buggy is lower, lighter, easier to maintain, and faster. The Cougar Laydown is a very versatile platform, with a wide range of grip levels, carpet, astro and dirt. The Laydown has been developed by the Schumacher Engineering and Racing team who have won multiple international races, including the prestigious EOS series.
That race winning knowledge and experience has been applied to every detail of the Laydowns design to make a fast, easy to drive, and user friendly 2WD buggy.
Features Schumacher Cougar Laydown
- 3 gear, low centre of gravity sealed gearbox.
- Small, low rotating mass transmission, including gear differential. With 3 position height adjustment, to adjust for driveshaft plunge and mixed track conditions. Optional ball diff available.
- Easy access transmission system, for quick diff access and maintenance.
- 2.5mm aluminium chassis, with sensor lead wiring channels.
- Screw Piston Fixing, with titanium nitride shafts, for easy build, precision and durability.
- Dual position radio equipment mounting plate.
- Front shock tower cover to protect your car and the track.
- Lightweight steel CVD driveshafts.
- Low drop wing mount.
- Lightweight lower spring retaining cup.
- Rear wishbone geometry.
- Inboard Toe Inserts.
- Adjustable rear roll centre, inboard toe-in and anti-squat.
- Rear transmission mounted pivot strap. Increased chassis clearance.
- Threaded spring collars, for better location and adjustment.
- Spur Gear Shield.
- Cable management system.