Shepherd has finally revealed detailed CAD images and details of the NEW Velox V8.2. The biggest changes of the model can be spotted at front end which was completely redesigned to add more setup possibilities without sacrificing the well proven geometry. The new lower wishbones can be mounted in 3 different position to adjust the arm length while the overall wheelbase can be changed by 2mm.
The redesigned top deck offers a completely different flex characteristic at the front end while the rear flex system has been simplified by removing the small ball bearings. The front upper hinge pin brackets can be connected to the new front bulkheads to add further flex options.
The brand new designed 7075 T6 chassis plate offers additional options for carbon inserts to optimize the flex and the air flow.
Various other parts have been improved in detail suchs as the stronger gearbox bulkheads, the radioplate mount, updated front and rear shock towers, the redesigned rear body mount centering plate, the rear body mount itself, the front and rear uprights – which can be equipped with optional carbon aero discs – and others.
To honor the world championship winning heritage of the Velox V8 plattform the latest edition includes a lot of high-end racing parts such as aluminium wheel axles with CVDs for the front and the rear, lightweight pulley adaptors, an adjustable aluminium servo saver or the reverse clutch with an high end clutch shoe.
Main features of the Velox V8.2:
- New rear uprights with mounting holes for optional carbon aerodiscs
- Updated rear body mount
- Redesigned rear shock tower
- Redesigned carbon centering plate body mount rear
- New stronger gearbox bulkheads
- New chassisplate with optional carbon inserts to optimize the airflow
- New battery mount
- New radioplate mount
- New radioplate
- New complete aluminium servo-saver
- New front upper hinge pin mounts with connection to the front bulkheads
- New front bulkheads
- Redesigned front shocktower
- New front upper and lower wishbones
- New front uprights
- New front downstopsystem
- New lower hinge pin brackets with excentric inserts for different arm length
- New shock springs
- New front bumper