Tamiya staff is stuck at home for the coronavirus lockdown so they decided to shoot an indoor video of the the Lunch Box Mini. This 1/24th Scale off-roader is build on the brand new SW-01 chassis and it’s super fun to play with when we can not go outside.
The Lunch Box Mini is capable of 4-wheel steering using separately sold Upper Arm Connectors (that allow you to steer with all four wheels on the ground and also steer while doing wheelies) and can face some incredible “home trails”.
Tamiya Lunch Box Mini main features:
- 1/24 scale R/C model assembly kit.
- Length: 190mm, width: 146mm, height: 140mm.
- The steering uses 1-piece upper arms for a tight turning circle and the body leans to help suppress tumbles and can be converted into a 4-wheel steering setup.
- The body is attached to the body mounts using magnets for quick attachment.
- The Type 370 motor is located right in the center of the SW-01 chassis, in a gear-driven 4WD setup with a gear ratio of 21.875:1.
- The famous Lunch Box body is molded in lightweight and durable polycarbonate and is pre-painted.
- The body leans in the direction in which the model steers, achieving remarkably tight turning circles
- Can be used with standard size servos and R/C equipment despite its compact nature.
- Big, tread patterned tires give superb traction and add to the overall cartoonish look of the Lunchbox Mini.