Our friend Sariel, the most famous LEGO Technic fan in the World, has just revealed his latest masterpiece: a Radio Controlled Range Rover III with the Rock Crusher tires produced by RC4WD (which assure superior traction compared to LEGO original tires). This model features a 3-speed remotely controlled transmission that can be shifted while driving and lights.
As always Sariel‘s mechanical design is really impressive and we are curious when LEGO will ask him to design his very own Technic set!
Check the video below!
The transmission of the Range Rover III has taken most of the available room in the chassis, hence the limited functionality of the model. To make room for the transmission, Sariel has placed the propulsion system – two PF L motors – under the hood, which also helped with moving the weight forward. A single PF M motor controlled steering, while a PF Servo motor shifted the transmission.
The suspension was built around two simple pendular axles, with 2 shock absorbers stabilizing each of them and with an empty differential transferring the steering over driveshaft to the front axle.
- Completion date: 26/04/2020
- Power: electric (Power Functions)
- Remote control: SBrick
- Dimensions: length 51 studs / width 24 studs / height 22 studs
- Weight: 1.597 Kg
- Suspension: pendular axles
- Propulsion: 2 x PF L motor via a 3-speed gearbox with ratios from 21:1 to 8.4:1
- Motors: 2 x PFL motor, 1 x PF M motor, 1 x PF Servo motor