May 20th looks set to become “Tamiya Day“. On that day the Japanese brand will drop (at the same time worldwide) various models. In addition to the Thunder Shot Edition 2022, Tamiya will release a very fun TOYOTA Land Cruiser 40 Quadtrack.
The original Land Cruiser is one of the most recognizable 4WD vehicles in the world, especially the 40, a series that was sold from 1960 to 1984. The Tamiya replica combines the radio controlled model built on the 4WD GF-01FT chassis with the soft terrain Quadtrack system.
TOYOTA Land Cruiser 40 Quadtrack:
• 1/12 scale assembly kit with 3-point tracks to replace tires.
• Two different types of tracks are available: standard flat and toothed grouser.
• Tracks offer superlative traction over tires and allow the model to run even in snow, sand, mud and other conditions.
• The Tamiya Land Cruiser is based on the 4WD GF-01FT chassis with gear transmission.
• Traction provided by the engine in a central position via front and rear differentials.
• Layout with similar wheelbase and tread size offers unique performance.
• The kit includes a clear polycarbonate body shell and rider figure.
• Length: 337mm, width: 250mm, height: 236mm. Wheelbase: 174mm.
Leave a Reply