Tamiya has released the very first photo of the all-new XV-02 Pro chassis kit for 4WD Rally model cars! It features a 4WD belt drive system with clever positioning of the RC electronic components with debris protection compartments. This new Tamiya’s chassis takes its 4WD drivetrain into a different direction by using a shaft-driven system with front mid-ship motor placement that incorporates equal length front and rear propeller shafts!
Main features of the Tamiya XV02 Pro Chassis:
- Polycarbonate chassis cover with wheel well liners help prevent dirt and dust from getting inside.
- Suspension arms and front uprights are based upon the XV-01 chassis kit.
- Two 39T differential gears and one 40T differential gear for adjustment of front and rear drive balance. (Over-Drive and Under-Drive Adjustment)
- Use 39T gear (w/15T gear) on the front and 40T gear (w/15T gear) on the rear for drive balance bias to front and vice-versa for drive balance bias to rear.
- Newly-designed parts such as gears, bathtub frame chassis, chassis cover, caster blocks featuring 6-degree caster angle (XV-01 chassis: 10-degree caster angle), and bumpers with skid angles to reduce surface contact.
- The motor mount, propeller shafts, input and center shafts, and urethane bumpers have new metal parts.
- Longitudinal battery pack position in the center-left for optimum balance.
- Long aluminum dampers are employed at front and rear