The SCX10 II produced by Axial is probably the most favorite platform for builders who are into custom creations. To help fuel this creativity, the American brand decided to released the Raw Builder’s Kit. This stripped down version of the SCX10 II chassis allows you to choose your own wheels, tires, body and electronics.
This new Raw Builder’s Kit includes a full set of aluminum links (steering and suspension), WB8 HD Wildboar driveshafts and, to assure full creativity freedom, mounting hardware to build a 11.4”, 12.0” or 12.3” scaler (there is also a full color decal sheet included). As all Axial products this new kit is distributed by Horizon Hobby.
The pinion gear is 6mm above center, this allows for added ground clearance and better driveshaft angles. The high pinion design has an increased surface contact for increased durability. Optimized gear ratio – 3.75 compared the previous at 2.92 – this reduces torque twist at the axle which is typically seen with other small pumpkin axle designs. Metal gears are standard. The smaller pinion is HD machine cut. Larger load bearings used around the gear set to reduce flex and create a stronger drivetrain.
Main features Raw Builder’s axle:
• High pinion gears for added ground clearance & better driveshaft angles.
• The high pinion design allows increased gear surface contact for increased durability.
• Larger load bearings used around the gear set to reduce flex and create a stronger drivetrain.
• AR44 front and rear axles feature a single-piece design with molded truss for extreme durability.
• Single-unit ring gear/locker.
• Small pumpkin for increased clearance and a more realistic, scale look.