Tamiya at the Nuremberg Toy Fair 2019 is showing the new Volvo FH16 Globetrotter 750 6×4 Timber. The model is a 1/14th Scale scale R/C truck assembly kit of the famous timber truck with long rear bed for carrying logs.
The Tamiya replica captures every details from the real truck with a ABS plastic body parts and a number of metal chassis components.
The chassis is built for durability as it uses aluminum side channels with resin cross members. Drivability is accomplished by power from the front-mounted motor and is transmitted via a propeller shaft to the rear axle; built-in differential gears guarantee smooth cornering. Gear changes can be made via a separately-sold 4-channel transmitter.
Features Tamiya Volvo FH16 Globetrotter 750 6×4 Timber
- Scale: 1/14th
- Type: assembly kit.
- Bodyshell: ABS plastic body captures the FH16 Globetrotter form, with stainless steel photo-etched front grille, and cab interior details.
- Depictions of stakes and cab rear headboard use a durable combination of resin and metal.
- 3-speed transmission allows gear changes via separately sold 4-channel transmitter.
- Ladder frame features aluminum side channels with plastic cross members.
- Power from the front-mounted motor is delivered to rear axles via propeller shaft.
- A built-in differential gear on each axle enables smooth cornering.
- Highly-realistic suspension utilizes metal leaf springs and friction dampers.
- TR Mighty Tuned motor (35T) provides plenty of power, even when driving with loads.
- LED cables in Multi-Function Control (MFC) units are not compatible with this model. You will need to purchase separately available.
- longer-cabled LEDs (Items 56549-56551) if using MFCs.
Requires: 4-Channel radio, One Servo, ESC, 7.2volt battery with compatible charger, and Tamiya TS-Paint.
- Length: 733mm.
- width: 194mm.
- height: 306mm.