At the end of February, Redcat Racing will begin the distribution of the new Gen8 P-A-C-K (Pre-Assembled Chassis Kit) Crawler. The model is designed for those who want to save time assembling the chassis and focus only on the choice of electronics, wheel, tires and body.
The Gen8 P-A-C-K already includes many of the features custom builders look for, and is ready to be transformed into a high performance Rock Crawler.
The model is designed and developed by Redcat Racing in the United States and has the same Gen8 Scout II RTR components: chassis, battery tray with low center of gravity, MOD-1 gears, lockable slipper clutch, axles with metal cover, CVA front shafts, 32 sealed rubber ball bearings, aluminum shocks, 47º steering blocks with proper Ackerman, Panhard bar, LED-ready bumpers, and front bumper ready for the winch.
Specifications Redcat Gen8 P-A-C-K
- Gen8 PACK: Fully Assembled.
- Chassis: 1.5mm Thick Steel C-Channel Frame Rails.
- Drive System: 4-Wheel-Drive, Front Mounted Motor (motor not included).
- Transmission: Single Speed with Lockable Slipper Clutch.
- Transfer Case: Divorced, Centrally Mounted.
- Gear Ratio: 71.85:1 to 28.12:1 (9t-23t compatible).
- Length: 571mm Stock (541-601mm Adjustable).
- Wheelbase: 324mm Stock (312-336mm Adjustable).
- Suspension: 4-Link Rear and 3-Link Front with Panhard Bar.
- Shocks: 95mm Adjustable Coilover Threaded Aluminum Body.
- Axles: Portal Axles with 6mm Solid Rear Axle Shafts and CVA Front Axle.
Needed to complete
- Electronic Speed Control (ESC).
- Radio Transmitter & Receiver.
- High Torque Steering Servo.
- Wheels & Tires.
- Battery and Charger.
- AA Batteries for Transmitter.
The Gen8 uses portal axles with 47º of steering to help the vehicle maneuver in tight spaces. The additional ground clearance offered by the portal axles allow the Gen8 to roll over obstacles, that might normally hang up other vehicles with traditional axles.