Traxxas have revealed the new Telemetry Expander 2.0 that with the installed GPS Module 2.0 provides the most accurate speed data possible. The GPS Module 2.0 uses both GPS and GLONASS global positioning to deliver precise, real-time speed information. Traditional telemetry sensors use the car’s gear ratio and tire size to calculate speed based on RPM but on loose surfaces this causes inaccurate readings.
The new GPS Module 2.0 installs easily inside the waterproof Telemetry Expander Module 2.0 (#6550X, sold separately). The Traxxas Link App automatically recognizes the sensor with no other programming or setup required! Once the GPS module is installed, the speedometer reverts to GPS speed instead of estimating the MPH based on gearing and motor RPM.
The new GPS Module 2.0 and Telemetry Expander 2.0 replace the old Telemetry Expander and GPS Module.
Main features of the Telemetry GPS Speed Module 2.0:
- Uses GPS and GLONASS global positioning for accurate, real-time speed
- Speed readout not affected by gear ratio or tire-size
- Easy plug-and-play installation; no programming required
- Waterproof when installed
- Automatically detected and configured by the Traxxas Link App