At the end of the week Tamiya Japan is going to release the M551 Sheridan R/C TANK Full-option Complete Kit. This massive RC Tank replica recreates the shape of the rather unique M551 Sheridan in 1/16th scale. The main gun barrel is moved via servo, and offers a range of motion from 5 degrees of depression to 15 degrees of elevation. The Turret rotation is controlled via transmitter and can be stopped at will. The gun automatically rises to avoid contact with the hull rear.
A plethora of accessories are included, to give a truly authentic finish. Beneath the magnet-attached engine grille is the Control Unit.
Suspension arm components are coil-sprung for smooth, realistic motion and the ability to take on seriously rough terrain.
Clear parts and an orange LED provide realistic flashes as the gun fires, accompanied by authentic sound for a taste of drama.
Gaining access to the battery is simple; just remove the left rear side panel! There is no need to take off the upper hull.
All the Tamiya M551 Sheridan details are perfectly recreated with sound effects of the engine and the Gun Turret, resin tracks feature soft pads and many diecast parts. The only problem might be the price tag around 900 euros.
Features Tamiya M551 Sheridan
- 1/16th scale.
- R/C model assembly kit.
- Die cast components for suspension arms, sprocket wheels, idler arms and more offer excellent durability.
- Utilizes an aluminum gun barrel for superb accuracy.
- Offers a full range of movement: forward and reverse, a variety of turns, turret rotation and gun elevation.
- Suspension features a coil spring for each of the 10 suspension arms, giving the model excellent mobility.
- Firing of the main gun is accompanied by an LED flash, realistic recoil, and vehicle kickback. Machine gun also produces LED flashes when fired.
- Authentic engine and firing sounds were recorded from a full-size vehicle and are coordinated with model actions.
- Turret upper section is secured by magnets, allowing hassle-free access to the electronics within.
- A plethora of lights are recreated, including the turret front searchlight. They can be operated via transmitter.
- Assembled link type tracks have elastomer recreations of the rubber pads for an authentic look.
- Length: 408mm
- width: 177mm
- Height: 186mm.