Panasonic Jaguar Racing has revealed the new electric race car for season six of the ABB FIA Formula E Championship during a launch event at Jaguar’s brand-new design studio in Gaydon (UK). At the same time the new LEGO Speed Champions LEGO Speed Champions 76898 Formula E Panasonic Jaguar Racing GEN 2 car & Jaguar I-PACE eTROPHY set has been announced.
“The start of a new season is an exciting time for the team,” says James Barclay, director, Panasonic Jaguar Racing Team. “After months of hard work we are excited to show the world the new Jaguar I-TYPE 4. We have applied all of our experience in Formula E to date and our latest innovations into the new racecar and the development team have created what we believe will be our most competitive Formula E car to date,” “We’ve learned how to win as a team and we are hungry for more in season six. We can’t wait to get racing!”
The miniature replicas are eight studs wide rather than usual six stud wide format that has been used in the Speed Champions theme so far. This new set will be released on January 1, 2020.
Speed Champions sets that you can find already in the market are:
- 75895 1974 Porsche 911 Turbo 3.0;
- 75890 Ferrari F40 Competizione;
- 75891 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 Race Car;
- 75892 LEGO Speed Champions McLaren Senna;
- 75893 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon and 1970 Dodge Charger R/T and
- 75894 1967 Mini Cooper S Rally and 2018 MINI John Cooper Works Buggy.