Horizon Hobby has presented the new Spektrum DX5 Rugged Orange Special Edition 5-channel surface transmitter compatible with AVC receivers and Smart Technology. This technology ensures that all of your Smart electronics work together receiving information like battery voltage, RPM, RX pack Voltage, and Speed directly on your Spektrum Dashboard app.
The DX5 Rugged TX Orange keeps you aware of every component’s status, boosts your confidence in its capabilities, and makes your entire system more responsive and simple to use.
Spektrum radios with Smart features can also download firmware updates instantly using Wi-Fi and can swap setups with compatible radios via Bluetooth.
Key Features DX5 Rugged TX Orange
- Spektrum Smart Technology ready.
- Special Edition Orange custom color case.
- Bold styling that’s aggressive with a focus on class-leading durability.
- Inspired by the ergonomically-recognized Spektrum DX5 Pro and DX5C transmitters.
- Water-resistant chassis design protects against minor splashes.
- Dual lanyard mounts provide radio safety and accessibility.
- Surrounded rubber-bumper chassis protection.
- Built-in front chassis guard offers user-inspired accessory mounting options.
- Simple capacitive-touch control panel responds to the touch of your finger.
- Intuitive software based on user-tested functionality that’s clean and simple.
- Innovative thumb-steering lever makes one-hand operation safer and more precise.
- Non-slip removable rubber hand grip and off-road treaded steering wheel.
- Built-in telemetry capability (telemetry compatible devices sold separately).
- Convenient built-in tool storage compartment.
- Large easy-to-read LCD screen.
- Five-channel, full-proportional versatility.
- Frequency-agile, Spektrum DSMR 2.4GHz technology.
- Program and fine-tune compatible receivers with AVC technology.
- Bind-progress screen displays status and frame rate.
- Includes the compact Spektrum SR515, 5-channel DSMR sport receiver.
- Compatible with DSM2 receivers.
- *The DX5 Rugged instruction manual details water resistance limitations.