Last month Tamiya revealed new products that are going to land of shops shelves in the next few months. Among these the is a replica of the legendary Renault 5 Turbo Rally built on the M-05Ra chassis (evolution of the front wheel drive M-05). The original was based upon the French manufacturer’s Renault 5 road model and debuted in the 1978 WRC, taking a number of victories in the early-mid 1980s.
The 4-wheel independent double wishbone suspension is equipped with specially designed hub carriers and uprights to increase ground clearance by 5mm. Front skid guard, side guards, and rally block tires are also included to allow you to enjoy both gravel and tarmac driving.
Features of the Tamiya Renault 5 Turbo Rally:
- Scale: 1/12th
- Length: 330mm, width: 180mm, height: 130mm
- Polycarbonate body with separate molded plastic component for the front bumper.
- Includes stickers for decoration, and window masking stickers for use during painting.
- Rally-tuned M-05Ra variant features specially designed hub carriers and front/rear uprights to
- Increase ground clearance by 5mm. It employs a lightweight, narrow and durable semi-monocoque frame, and is at home both on gravel and asphalt.
- Front skid guard and side guards included.
- 210mm S wheelbase.
- 8-spoke wheels are paired with rally block tires.
- A host of Hop-Up Option parts is available to soup up your chassis even further.
- Includes: 540 motor, Tamiya TBLE-02S ESC (electronic speed control) Capable of running sensor brushless motors and brushed motors alike. (21.5 Turn BL motor limit) (23 Turn brushed motor limit.