Looking for a Big Scale RC airplane? Here is a new replica from Horizon Hobby of the famous P-51D Mustang, one of the most versatile WWII fighters. The aircraft is sold in ARF version with the structure made of balsa wood and covered with a printed coating full of detail.
ARF stands for “Almost Ready to Fly” and is an aircraft that is “mostly” built with the exception of the main control and power system electronics. The P-51D Mustang has a length of over one and a half meters and can be powered by both petrol and electric engines. Below you can find other images, a video showing the model in action and features with the recommended accessories to complete it.
Specifications Hangar 9 P-51D Mustang
- Airfoil Shape: Semi Symmetrical.
- Completion Level: Almost Ready-to-Fly.
- Flaps: Yes.
- Landing Gear: Yes.
- Retracts: Optional.
- Material: Balsa Wood.
- Minimum Required Radio: 5+ channel.
- Propeller Size: 16 x 8.
- Trimscheme Colors: Printed Covering.
Needed to Complete
- 20cc two or four stroke gas engine or equivalent electric motor system.
- Full-range, 5+ channel transmitter and receiver (6+ for the retract option).
- 8 Standard-size servos (7 for the electric power option).
- 2 Batteries, one for the receiver and another one for engine ignition (for the gas power option).
- 1 Propeller.
What’s in the box?
(1) Hangar 9 P-51D Mustang 20cc.
(1) User Manual.
Dimension and weight
- Length: 1.52m.
- Wingspan: 1.76m.
- Spinner Size:95mm.
- Wing Area: 54.7 sq dm.
- Flying Weight: 5200-5900 grams.