Tamiya is going to release another off-road masterpiece designed by our friend Kota Nezu of Znug Design (who penned that of the recently released Super Avante). It’s the 2022 edition of the Astute built upon the brand new TD2 chassis. The original kit was released back in 1991 and for this edition the basic construction and design of the model has been revolutionized.
The main features of the Astute TD2:
• This is a 1/10 R/C assembly kit.
• Length: 387mm, width: 246mm. Wheelbase: 283mm.
• The distinctive polycarbonate body is designed by Japanese designer Kota Nezu of znug design.
• The new TD2 chassis based around the TD4 chassis employs an front inboard suspension layout which offers exceptionally slim, low-profile form. Also, its front suspension arms have a skid angle of 25 degrees for superlative ground-hugging and stable performance off-road, plus angled CVA oil dampers to allow smooth suspension movement.
• The chassis based on the one-piece monocoque frame uses the same ball differentials as the ones of the TD4 chassis, plus full ball bearings, and features a transverse battery pack positioned to the rear and a midship transverse motor with 3 gears connecting it to the drivetrain for optimum balance and improved performance.
• Ribbed front and rear square spike tires facilitate stability and great grip. The newly designed star dish design front wheels are attached by hex hubs.
• The 4-wheel double wishbone suspension system uses CVA oil dampers for superlative performance.
• Choose between high and low type wing stays to adjust the downforce depending on the road surface.
• Comes with a driver figure who gives your buggy a realistic look, and high-torque servo saver.