Walking around the All Japan Model & Hobby Show while Kyosho sets up its booth, we found two new Mini-Z FWD: the Megane RS and Civic Type R. With the FWD chassis, Kyosho has introduced a completely new front wheel drive design in the MINI-Z series.
The chassis has a low center of gravity layout, achieving excellent weight balance with 4 battery cells and uses a new designed servo unit producing linear steering characteristics. The gear drivetrain can also be equipped with the existing All Wheel Drive (AWD) ball differential.
The front suspension use the VCS System (Variable Camber Suspension) which progressively increases camber angle as the suspension compresses, keeping the front tires at the optimum angle.
Both models use the rear suspension unit from AWD Sports, with toe control rod and camber knuckle setting. The models are sold Ready To Run with the Syncro KT-531P radio, the transmitter has a Training Mode feature which limits the speed of the car for easy learning.
The Megane is perfectly reproduced in MINI-Z size with F1-like front air intake blades, checkered flag motif, R.S. Vision (fog lamps), large rear spoiler and diffuser.
The Civic Type-R is the replica of FK8 version which recorded the fastest time on Nürburgring circuit in May 2017.
Features Kyosho Mini-Z FWD
- First MINI-Z chassis with front wheel drive positions the motor behind the front axle in a front midship layout.
- Syncro KT-531P transmitter provides full range of setting adjustments.
- New circuit board improved steering feel.
- Highly detailed display-standard body.
- Include 12 bearings.
- Wheelbase can be set to M(90mm), L(94mm) and LL(98mm).
- Compatible with optional gyro unit (MZW431).
- Compatible with optional LED light unit clear & red (MZW429R).