RC-KleinKram from Germany are pleased to announce their second ZooRacing body: the Preopard body shell for 190mm touring cars. Designed to produce high overall downforce with a focus on increased overall steering while maintaining exceptional rear end stability the specialized body is the ideal choice for tight and twitchy low to medium traction carpet and outdoor tracks.
Preopard is designed using the latest CAD techniques and features a 100mm grid for the rear body mounts, ensuring precise placement and mounting.
The shell features several aero features such as a recessed roof section that channels the airflow towards the rear wing for great rear end stability at both low and high speeds while the forward placed cabin and the specially shaped front end produce more steering compared to the old ZooZilla body as well as greater rotation in corners for greater corner speeds and a more nimble handling.
PreoPard is outfitted with several trick anti-tuck features such as structured side skirts and a clever rear end design including reinforcement ribs on the trunk lid, all of which add to the overall aerodynamics and looks while greatly preventing body tucks without the need for additional reinforcements. Adding to the whole package is the recessed roof section that not only adds visual impact but also greatly improves overall stability – something that comes in handy especially when running the body in ultra lightweight configuration.
Other hot features include large wheel arches that allow the body to be placed up to 4mm to the front for increased steering reaction or up to 4mm to the back for increased rear stability – making it 8mm in total.
The Preopard 190mm body shell comes molded from high-quality polycarbonate and it is available in two thicknesses: a lightweight 0.5mm variant (that weights in at 55grams cut and including wing) while the standard thickness 0.7mm variant will come out at 83grams cut and including wing.
Part of the package are also the revolutionary 2-step window masks that will ensure window frames of Pro quality. In a first step all windows are masked using the Step 1 masks. After the painting of the body is completed, the masks will be removed and replaced by the slightly smaller Step 2 masks that leave the window frames exposed and ready to be painted in your favourite colour. The result is highly precise without the need to pre-cut or in-body-cut the window masks, ensuring greater satisfaction and less chances of creating predetermined breaking points. The body package is rounded out by high-quality wing mounting hardware and a detailed sticker sheet including grille, head and tail lights.
Main Features of the PreoPard body:
– CAD designed
– Specialised body shell for tighter and more technical tracks. Lots of steering, high overall downforce for increased rotation and faster cornering especially in Stock racing classes and when running in low to medium grip conditions
– Steep front end
– Recessed roof to channel the airflow and for greatly improved structural stability thanks to static reinforcement
– Reinforcement ribs on the trunk
– Structured rear end for anti-tuck capabilities
– Large wheel arches allow the body to be placed 4mm front or back (8mm in total)
– Large wheel arches ensure the tyres will not rub in whatever position
– Anti-tuck capabilities with structured side skirts
– Static reinforcement on the hood. Especially useful when running the ultra lightweight variant
– 0.5mm ultralight body weighs in 55g cut & including wing
– 0.7mm standard body weighs in 83g cut & including wing
– Detailed decal sheet
– 2-step window masks
– Wing mounting hardware
– 100mm grid on the rear truck lid for easy and convenient body mounting
– Designed to meed GBS rules