Horizon Hobby has announced the new Axial UMG10 1/10th Scale kit based on the SCX10 II chassis. The model features a forward cab military Unimog body with a Beadlock MW19 wheels and 1.9 e MT45 tyresin R35 compound that deliver all-terrain traction.
The SCX10 transmission on the UMG10 successfully achieves a scale replication of a real transmission with oil pan, 4X4 transfer case, bell housing along, all-metal internal gears, and, a full set of ball bearings.
Axial has also placed the transfer case lower in the chassis and centred the driveshafts with the axle input housings. This has created reduced stress on the UMG10 moving parts through a more efficient driveline and improved driveshaft angles.
Features Axial SCX10 II UMG10
- New, realistic body design scaled after forward cab military style trucks.
- Plenty of locations for mounting LED lighting.
- Included options for customising interior details.
- New rear cage hinged design allows easy access to interior components
- Optional 2-speed gear set provides a functional low/high transmission when paired with optional servo.
- SCX10 transmission includes full ball bearings and metal gears.
- Chassis mounted servo for scale looks and close to zero bump steering.
- AR44 single piece axle with high pinion gear set for a much lower gear ratio.
- New military-style MW19 beadlock wheels and MT45 tires, including a functional, mounted spare.
- All aluminium suspension links.
- Adjustable battery tray.
- WB8 HD Wildboar 3-piece driveshafts with updated design and larger diameter.
- Waterproof receiver box.
- High strength, C-channel frame rail chassis.
For modellers who are into installing, there is a function low/high-speed transmission available separately (Part # AX31440) that will also require an additional servo for the shifting fork.