In September, Tamiya will begin distributing the new Monster Beetle Trail on the GF-01TR. This gear-driven 4WD chassis is based around a lightweight and tough monocoque frame, with power provided by the centrally-positioned motor.
Reduction gears on each axle slow drive shaft rotation for immense traction, great ground clearance, and the ability to take on tough off-road terrain.
The gearbox is sealed to protect from dust and debris, and integrated into the frame; built-in differential gears provide superb traction and durability with the use of included diff putty. 4-wheel double wishbone suspension utilizes friction dampers, while a 2-piece tie rod steering setup with the servo on the left gives excellent response.
Yellow wheels are fitted with 115mm diameter hybrid pin spike/lug pattern tires for superior cushioning and grip. The chassis utilizes a ‘square’ setup with similar tread and wheelbase lengths.
Features Tamiya Monster Beetle Trail
- 1/14 scale.
- R/C model assembly kit.
- Monocoque Frame.
- Body is molded in red ABS Plastic with fenders and triple auxiliary lights.
- Metal-plated parts for headlights, auxiliary lights and engine.
- 37.35:1 gear ratio (with the kit-standard 18T pinion gear).
- 33.61:1 gear ratio (with 20TT pinion gear).
- 3-Bevel Differential Gears.
- 2-Piece Steering Tie-Rod.
- 4-Wheel Independent Double Wishbone Suspension.
- Includes 540-type motor.
- Length: 333mm
- Width: 270mm
- Height: 215mm
- Wheelbase: 174mm
- Tread: 210mm (Front and Rear)
- Tire Width/Diameter: 68/115mm (Front and Rear)