At the end of September, Schumacher is going to begin the distribution of the new ATOM 2 1/12th Scale Pan Car. The all-new steel alloy chassis has a low centre of gravity, excellent for maximum cornering speeds. The all new Slide Pivot System is a low friction, bind free design that maximizes rear traction.
The ATOM 2 will be available in a carbon fibre and S2 fibre glass variant, both with the steel alloy chassis. Below, all the features and more images of the chassis.
2 Versions available
Steel Chassis Carbon Fibre Version
All chassis components other than the actual chassis are lightweight carbon fibre.
Steel Chassis S2 Version
All chassis components other than the actual chassis are more durable and cost effective Schumacher developed S2 material.
(Carbon fibre version pictured)
Features Schumacher ATOM 2
- NEW – Steel chassis providing both an ultra-low Centre of Gravity and ideal flexibility for maximum drivability and cornering agility.
- NEW – Centre pivot design. Much easier build and maintenance, with a new bind free design.
- NEW – Adjustable LiPo position for weight distribution tuning. (4 equally spaced options)
- NEW – Slotted floating servo mount, for easier servo fitment and improved flex.
- NEW – Easy body shell height adjustment.
- NEW – Easy front ride height adjustment.
- NEW – Tweak free and easy LiPo mounting using O-ring fixing.
- NEW – Lightweight pod assembly for smoother, more predictable drivability and bump handling.
- NEW – Lightweight Low Centre of Gravity CNC Alloy Motor Mounts
- NEW – Rear ride height adjusters, easier adjustment and 0.25mm height increments.
- NEW – Side link design giving easier build process and maintenance. New longer design to reduce length change in roll.
- NEW – Hub carrier design with improved geometry giving faster cornering with no compromise to drivability.
- NEW – Ceramic coated kingpins with new layout for silky smooth suspension action.
- NEW – Optional, much simplified front Camber and Caster adjustment.
- NEW – Lightweight front foam bumper supporting wider and modern range of bodies.
- NEW – 64T 48dp Kimbrough high efficiency spur as standard (options available)
- NEW – Range Of optional colour coded front springs.
- NEW – Steering lock stops to accurately control the inside wheel lock.
- NEW – Revised Body Mounting position for Improved Handling and body shell support.
- NEW – Thread insert design making work on the car much quicker and simpler.
- 2 Channel Radio.
- Electric Speed Control.
- Motor Pinion.
- 1S Lipo Battery.