Team Associated just revealed the DR10 Drag Race Car: an RTR based on the 9-time R.O.A.R. Short Course National Championship platform. It features a water-resistant high-power Reedy brushless speed control and 3300kV brushless motor, a 2.4GHz 2-channel radio system, as well as the brand new DVC (Dynamic Vehicle Control) receiver unit with built-in adjustable digital gyro.
Street Racing is an unsanctioned form of auto racing which occurs on a public roads. Racing in the streets is centuries old and started well before the automobile, but auto racing started the moment the second vehicle was created!
Modern street racing’s roots go back to Woodward Avenue, Michigan in the 1960s when the three main Detroit-based American car companies were producing high-powered performance cars. A private racing venue was not always available, and therefore the race would be held illegally on public roads.
Features of the DR10 Drag Race Car:
- Three position wheelie bar with optional large wheels
- High-torque, metal-gear Reedy Servo with spring style servo saver
- Powerful Reedy 3300kV brushless motor
- Length: 609.6mm
- Width: 272mm
- Wheelbase: 322mm
- Weight: 1850g
- Internal Gear Ratio: 2.60:1
- Drive: 2WDFactory-finished two-piece Reakt drag race body with rear spoiler
- Lightweight front drag tires
- Durable and lightweight aluminum top shaft
- Low center-of-gravity molded composite chassis with hook-and-loop battery straps that accommodate both NiMH and 2/3s LiPo battery packs
- Metric hardware throughout
- 18 precision rubber-sealed ball bearings
- Durable front and rear wide body mounts
- 2.6:1 ratio gearbox with heavy-duty sealed gear differential and externally adjustable slipper clutch
- Adjustable suspension geometry
- Vertical ball ends for roll center adjustments, front and rear
- Many Factory Team options already available!
Source: Team Associated