Yokomo has revealed pictures and details of their forthcoming new BD9 electric 4WD touring car kit. The model uses plastic composite materials are made in Japan with new designed mold. The carbon fibre main chassis that is machined of a graphite material has a new carbon fibre rear chassis backbone for better control of the rear chassis flex system.
New Features Yokomo BD9
- Aluminum bell crank (NEW).
- F/R Long lower suspension arm (New material).
- Graphite molded front steering block (New material).
- Graphite molded F/R hub carrier (New material).
- Aluminum connected center bulkhead (Super Narrow) (NEW).
- Graphite main chassis (NEW).
- Center back born system (NEW).
- Solid Aluminum servo mount (NEW).
- Bearing support stabilizer (NEW).
- Lightweight/Minimize Gear differential (38T) (NEW).
- Aluminum center pulley (20T) (NEW).
- Double joint universal (NEW).
- One touch battery holder (Glass tape unnecessary) (NEW).
- Aluminum turnbuckle.
- Axon BD 9 exclusive big bore ultra short damper.
- Axon BD 9 exclusive front progressive spring/rear linear spring.
- Precision bearing.
- Includes aluminum and steel screw for bulkhead, upper and lower deck.
Suspension uses high big bore Ultra short shock, specially designed for BD 9, born from collaboration with AXON. In addition, the spring also adopted the BD9 exclusive design product of the progressive type before the chassis balance and the linear type afterwards.
To support the high power and flex chassis, the center pulley adopted a design that enables symmetrical fixation to the chassis together with the motor mount.
By narrowing the width of the bulkhead, the supple flexibility that made use of chassis flex became possible. It is easy to fit various road conditions, realizing high traction.
The battery holder system can float to a certain extent, to prevent the battery from falling off, saving you the trouble of replacing.