XRAY have showed the all-new XT8 Competition Truggy 1/8 scale. With the extensive knowledge and experience of the R&D and racing team, the XT8 was completely redesigned to incorporate the latest technology and racing designs to allow the XT8 to win races at the highest-competition races. XRAY has been a driving force in the 1/8 off-road car racing scene since the release of the first XB8, followed by the Truggy platform.
Continuous development and evolution of the XRAY product line has led to ever-increasing performance, and the same success story follows the XT8 platform. The craftsmanship, durability, and performance of XRAY kits have become legendary, and you will find all of the finest features in the XT8. Be part of the family, live the heritage.
The all-new XT8 was developed with vast input and dedicated work by the entire racing team, with major influences and significant improvements incorporated by World Champion Ty Tessmann.
All the incorporated refinements on the XT8 were tested in “blood, sweat, and tears” in North America at various tracks…from fast packaged tracks, through destroyed bumpy tracks, to huge super-jump tracks… to ensure the XT8 would be the one to beat anywhere. The final result is an amazing, completely all-new XT8 platform.
XRAY XT8 All-new Specs:
- Chassis has a considerably longer design with weight moved to the front
- Improved weight balance with the weight moved frontwards increases rotation of the truggy as well as cornering speed, better jumping, and offering more forgiving handling
- All-new large capacity 150cc fuel tank with super-short design to allow placement towards the front
- Side guards incorporate a larger bottom radius to make the truggy more stable on rough tracks, while also increasing the longitudinal flex
- Improved suspension holders
- Front & rear lower suspension arms feature a new reinforced design, making them more resilient in jumps and crashes
- Rear lower outer pivot pins feature self-locking nuts for increased reliability
- Included steel eccentric bushings & ball mounts for increased reliability
- Steering system with moulded graphite servo saver for more efficiency in dusty conditions
- Alu steering plate gives more linear, more precise, and more aggressive steering due to narrower Ackermann design
- Composite front upper top deck for added flex & increased steering
- Steering pivot balls with backstops for increased reliability
- Composite front chassis brace gives added front flex; rear double composite braces with a graphite chassis extension for flex adjustment
- Reinforced, strengthened bulkheads
- Large volume front, central, and rear differentials for improved long-run performance and reduced internal heat build-up
- All-new diff parts: stronger 2.5mm diff pins, longer cross diff pins, improved internal diff gears with re-profiled teeth for reduced friction and smooth operation, improved gaskets
- Lightweight machined diff outdrives
- 50T center diff gear for improved acceleration
- Graphite center diff mounting plate, redesigned to fit the new 50T spur gear
- Aluminum front & rear shock towers offer increased lifespan, and all-new shock & roll-center positions
- Longer, larger-volume shock absorbers with increased downtravel, new shock bodies, shock shafts, shock springs, and pistons
- All-new center front & rear CVD drive shafts
- All-new front & rear universal drive shafts
- +5mm offset wheel axles
- Flat-spotted wheel hex hub connecting pins for increased reliability
- Radio box made from softer, more flexible composite material
- Alu engine mounts carried over from XB8 platform
- Anti-roll bars carried over from XB8 platform
- Redesigned, newly-sized turnbuckles
- Developed, designed and styled by Dipl. Eng. Juraj Hudy, manufactured exclusively by XRAY in Europe in the world’s most sophisticated RC manufacturing facility
- Premium, professional, high-competition model racing car for the most demanding racers
- Manufactured from premium European materials, machined using state of the art Swiss and German machines
- Premium XRAY service & support
- CNC-machined 3mm Swiss 7075 T6 aluminum
- Strategically machined in low-stress areas for light weight and uncompromised strength and rigidity
- Optimized weight distribution for improved balance and stability
- Non-essential material below the engine, fuel tank, and diffs was removed to allow for the lowest possible center of gravity and appropriate chassis flex
- Countersunk underside screw holes for a flat, smooth chassis bottom
- Side guard design offers superior side protection, seals against dirt, protects the fuel tank
- Compact, 1-piece radio plate made from robust yet flexible composite material can be quickly & easily removed for servicing and cleaning
- Super-short 150cc fuel tank relocated forward in chassis; features molded-in splashguard, and rubber mounting grommets for vibration absorption, and an integrated floating stone filter for enhanced fuel pickup
- Super-strong reinforced diff bulkheads provide mounting points for suspension mounts and shock towers, and allow super-easy diff access
- Well-proven composite front single & rear double chassis braces have a significant influence on chassis stiffness and chassis flex; optional graphite inserts offer improved flex tuning opportunities.
Engine & Clutch
- High-grade CNC-machined aluminum engine mounts machined from lightweight alloy are easily adjustable to obtain proper gear mesh
- Extended engine mount design provides higher reinforcement of the chassis to minimize chassis bending between the clutchbell and spur gear
- Smooth-flowing, efficient air filter includes air filter oil and a universal rubber elbow to fit most standard 1/8 buggy engines
- Clutch system provides smooth and continuous transfer of power from engine at very high RPM; includes alu 1.7g lightweight clutch shoes, 1.0mm springs, aluminum flywheel and a steel flywheel nut
- Clutch nut and preload adjustment collar manufactured from special HUDY Spring Steel™ for maximum lifespan and durability
- Wide range of different clutch gears available for perfect set-up and adjustment for particular racing conditions.
- Well-proven, high-performance braking system
- Strong, precise, dependable braking for complete confidence
- Aluminum brake 7075 T6 hub with precision-pressed pins
- Laser-cut, precision flat-ground steel brake disk for ultra-efficient, fade-free braking
- Rigid, high-precision machined brake cams
- High-grip brake pads
- Heat-treated brake disk and brake pads for maximum lifespan
- Conventional shaft-driven 4WD drivetrain
- Front and rear universal drive shafts
- Center front & rear CVD drive shafts
- Diff outdrives manufactured from exclusive HUDY Spring Steel™ are specially hand-ground for maximum precision and smooth operation; long front outdrives help prevent drive shafts from falling out even in extreme crashes
- Universal & CVD drive shafts manufactured from world-renowned HUDY Spring Steel™ are some of the world‘s thinnest yet most durable drive shafts used in off-road kits
- Central large, strong outdrives feature protective rubber boots, thick 3mm pins, and a protective locking rings
- Ultra-lightweight 17mm wheel hex drive hubs with +5mm offset are CNC-machined from Swiss 7075 T6 black-coated aluminum, specially machined to reduce rotating weight while guaranteeing wobble-free wheel mounting.
- Complete set of 24 high-speed, blue-sealed ball-bearings used throughout the drivetrain to ensure maximum efficiency.
- High-volume gear differentials with larger internal gears & more teeth, stronger diff pins have superior traction and reliability
- Front & rear gear differentials with adjustable oil viscosity, featuring 43T crown gears & 10T pinion gears
- Central gear differential with adjustable oil viscosity, featuring 50T spur gear & standard 13T engine clutchbell
- Differential main gears manufactured from HUDY Gear Steel, specially formulated and developed for use in gears.
- Large-size, heat-treated internal diff gears have a greater number of teeth to ensure more precise fitment and engagement
- Advanced suspension geometry engineered and finely tuned for high-competition racing
- Truggy-specific suspension has been specially designed for 1/8 truggy racing to provide responsive racing characteristics in all racing conditions
- Lightweight yet durable suspension parts molded from XRAY’s own composite mixture for suspension parts
- Super-long suspension arms provide maximum stability and optimal stiffness to ensure maximum traction, superior handling under all racing conditions and terrains
- Front & rear CNC-machined Swiss 7075 T6 aluminum shock towers include multiple shock mounting & roll center adjustment positions
- Fully-adjustable suspension featuring I.S.S.™ (Integrated Suspension Settings™) with eccentric bushings inserted into Swiss 7075 T6 alu holders
- Complete set of I.S.S.™ eccentric bushings is included for complete suspension geometry adjustment.
- Unique C-hub suspension with Integrated Adjustable CasterTM which enables adjustment of the single C-block through the entire caster angle range; no optional caster blocks needed!
- C-blocks feature an inclined kingpin design for increased steering and stability
- Steel caster bushings and ball mounts for superior strength & reliability
- Small, super-lightweight composite zero kingpin steering blocks feature an inset aluminum bushing that is molded into the steering block itself, ensuring a lightweight, precise and durable steering block assembly.
- Steering block kingpin screws are firmly held in the aluminum threaded bushing while the end of the screw is self-locked in composite to prevent the screws from loosening during racing. The molded-in aluminum bushings allow the steering blocks to turn freely ensuring precise steering reaction.
- Compact, lightweight rear uprights with multiple upper & lower roll center positions, and wheelbase adjustment possibilities
- Front & rear wire-style anti-roll bars manufactured from spring steel material are included to stabilize the chassis at both front and rear
- Diff case mounts for anti-roll bars allow for easy installation and adjustment
- Premium Hudy Spring Steel™ adjustable turnbuckles
- Robust dual-arm steering system is very simple yet effective and features an integrated easily adjustable servo saver
- Molded graphite servo saver makes the steering more resilient & efficient in dusty conditions
- Alu steering plate gives more aggressive steering characteristics
- Composite upper top deck adds flex to help steering
- Steering pivot balls with backstops for increased reliability
- Easily-adjustable Ackermann using different steering link mounting positions on the steering plate
- Easily-adjustable bump steer using inserted shims
- XT8 big-bore, long-stroke shocks offer increased downtravel, reliability, performance, and improved damping characteristics
- Oversized big-bore hardcoated shock bodies
- Shock body large 16.2mm inner diameter ensures proper and consistent shock oil flow through the perfectly-round pistons which move very precisely inside the smoothly-finished interior of the shock body
- Externally-threaded shock bodies for quick & easy adjustment
- Two shock O-rings – manufactured from a superior silicone compound to allow ultra-free movement of the shock rod while still maintaining a tight seal – are installed in the lower part of the shock body and are secured with composite shims
- Ultra-precise shock pistons with 6-, 8- and 10-hole molded from Delrin® material for smooth action and reliability
- Thick 3.5mm shock shafts designed for maximum strength & durability are precision-ground and super-smooth for free and smooth movement
- Specially-formulated rubber material of the shock membrane ensures equal damping characteristics from the beginning of the race to the end, even after extreme use
- Reinforced ball joints
- XT8 shock springs offer a mix of progressive & linear characteristics; manually measured, hand-selected for maximum precision, equal length, and equal damping characteristics
Body & Wing
- Strong front & rear composite body mounts with foam cushions; two types of rear body mounts included depending on the type of the body used.
- Stylish and effective rear wing made from special composition was designed for proper downforce and stability, and will remain intact and properly shaped even after hard abuse and extreme crashes
- Strong rear wing holders offer different wing mounting positions
- Included HUDY Premium Silicone Oils, manufactured in Europe by a specialized premium silicone oil manufacturer, and use the industry-standard cSt rating
- Premium HUDY Graphite Grease is a high-performance, advanced-technology semi-fluid lubricant which incorporates both extreme pressure additives and finely-dispersed graphite for load carrying
- Graphite Grease is intended primarily for the lubrication of rotating parts and loaded gears, and it is formulated to have excellent adhesion and fling resistance under extreme conditions
Assembly, Set-up & Support
- Premium 3D full-color Instruction Manual & supplementary sheets
- To fully understand the set-up possibilities we recommend the legendary HUDY Set-up Book (available for download exclusively at www.hudy.net) which is loaded with over 50 pages of high-quality pictures and easy-to-read RC car set-up explanations
- Exclusive Virtual Online Setup Sheet database with thousands of set-up sheets for race tracks around the world
- Premium, unmatched XRAY online support
- Fully-adjustable front and rear suspension geometry: caster, camber, toe, kick-up, anti-squat, ride height, downstops, track-width, anti-roll bars, lower roll center, upper roll center, roll center positions, bump steer, wheelbase, Ackermann, shock damping, shock mounting position.
- Front/center/rear differential adjustment
- For easy and fast adjustment we recommend using set-up tools and accessories from HUDY, the world leader of RC tools.
All specifications are subject to change without prior notice. Pre-production prototype is shown, final specifications may slightly vary. In some pictures optional parts may be shown. All option parts are not included and must be purchased separately. The color of some aluminum parts may vary from kit to kit and some of the kits may not include all the orange or black parts as shown. Some of the spare parts or option parts may not be available at the moment in the orange or black color as shown. Some of the pictures show colored stickers on wing and radio tray, these are not included in the kit and are used in photos only for promotional purposes. The racing body and other equipment shown in pictures are not included in the kit.
|Approximate running weight:
|3 mm CNC-machined Swiss 7075 T6 hardcoated aluminum
|Central diff upper deck:
|Machined laminated carbon graphite
|Composite braces (front / rear)
|Adjustable suspension with preset geometry
|Lower H-arm with adjustable upper camber link
|Zero Kingpin suspension with integrated adjustable caster
|Composite with dual arm mounting and 3 roll center positions
|Big-bore shocks with various shock pistons featuring Delrin pistons
|Front & rear 4.0mm alu
|Full-time shaft-drive 4WD with center differential
|Steel spur gear / clutchbell
|HUDY Spring Steel™ universal drive shafts
|HUDY Spring Steel™ CVD drive shafts
|Sealed, 6 gear, silicone-filled
|10T front / rear
|43T front / rear
|Body, Tires, Wheels & Misc
|Not included, standard 17mm hub
|150cc capacity with capacity-adjustment segments, with hypertonic tank lid and internal stone-type floating filter
|Camber, caster, toe-in, wheelbase, kick-up, anti-squat, lower & upper roll centers, kingpin, Ackermann, bump steer, Multi-Flex, weight balance
|Items Not Included
|Engine, Exhaust system, Electronics (Radio, Receiver, Servos, Batteries), Wheels, Tires, Body, Tools, Wheel tool, Receiver battery, Fuel, Switch, Start box, Glow heater, Paint, Charger, Universal tool for all nuts and turnbuckles, Set-up book.
More infos: teamxray.com/xt8