Serpent has finally released the new X20, based on Project 4X touring Car the result of utilizing past years design of the Eryx and 4x 1/10 touring car (2016-2017 IFMAR World Championship 3rd place, 2016 EFRA EC A-main finalist and 2017 Multiple ETS A-main finalist).
The chassis of the X20 is based on the popular Medius mid motor design, using a light weight and strong 1 piece motor mount concept, without any interference between the front and rear chassis flex while still allowing center flex adjustability.
The advantage for this style of design is to allow maximum flex capabilities without impacting the drivetrain, meaning smoother power delivery, more consistency and less chance of stripping spurs.
Using the last 4 years of development this touring car keeps the successful 4X proven pivot ball style setup allowing for easy and fast adjustments to camber, toe, track width etc. A new 2 point steering crank system has been implemented for more ackerman adjustment, this coupled with 4X geometry guarantees race success!
Designers introduced a new suspension arm design, allowing the ability to adjust arm flex! Multiple styles of carbon and other materials will be available as optional items to fine tune X20’s grip and feel for whichever track you are on.
Understanding the Eryx’s sway bar system then combining with 4X concepts, the all new X20 Low Centre of Gravity (LCG) Anti-roll bar system is able to lower the sway bar point on the bulkhead without limiting the leverage point by connecting to the upper arm. A smart system which achieves the best of being LCG while retaining optimal performance.
The X20 Touring car features a more traditional approach to the shock absorbers in comparison to the 4X, making it more user friendly with less complication. Designers have focused on producing the highest quality components to ensure the best fitment.
The drivetrain is efficient and as light weight as possible for maximum durability, 7075 T6 Aluminium rear CVD’s and a Chatter free DJC system up front from Serpent spring Steel. Hard Anodized centre pulleys keep the Kevlar reinforced equal length belts running smooth and true. Coming as standard equipment we include the bladeless hardened steel outdrives connected to the ultra-lite front spool.
Main specs of the Serpent X20:
- Adjustable 50mm shock with 12mm oversize shock body.
- New Serpent Linear bigger bore springs.
- Dampers include machined pistons for best possible consistency.
- Traditional style ball raced LCG Anti-roll bar.
- Pivot ball suspension with small balls for simplicity and free movement.
- 4x style arm mount with adjustable castor.
- Easy diff and spool removal.
- Extremely low center of gravity.
- New steering system for Ackermann geometry.
- Motor mount holder with adjustable flex.
- Re-Active rear steering RRS system is standard.
- 1 piece shaft and motor mount allow easy maintenance and changing of spur gears.
- Durable and smooth gear differential.
- Battery mounting system allow different size and height battery.
- Lightweight front aluminium spool with hardened steel outdrives, bladeless.
- Carbon fibre chassis in 2.25mm as standard.
- DJC system in the front made out of spring-steel prevent wheel chatter and rear regular cvd’s made out of 7075 T6 aluminium save weight.
- Even length Kevlar reinforced drive belt and super true running pulleys, midshaft pulleys made out of hard anodized aluminium for maximum durability.