In Perth, Australia, the second and final qualifying round of the day has just ended. The Xray driver Ty Tessmann was the fastest in the second round at the 1:8 Offroad World Championships. Ryan Maifield was very close to Tessmann, but a couple of bad laps meant he finished in second place.
In third place was Q1 TQ David Ronnefalk with 3.4 seconds behind Tessmann. The young Italian driver Davide Ongaro (quickest in yesterday’s controlled practice) did not finish the race for a technical problem, a front left wheelnut fell off.
Below the drivers results in the second round of qualifying.
2018 IFMAR 1/8th IC Off Road World Championships
Qualifier Round 2 Overall Ranking
- Ty Tessmann – 10:08.083 (Canada) Xray / OS / Proline
- Ryan Maifield – 10:09.166 (USA) Mugen / REDs / JConcepts
- David Ronnefalk – 10:11.434 (Finland) HB Racing / Orion / JConcepts
- Robert Batlle – 10:13.571 (Spain) Mugen / Ninja / HotRace
- Dakotah Phend – 10:16.260 (USA) TLR / Picco / AKA
- Carlos Canas – 10:17.215 (Spain) Mugen / Ultimate / ProCircuit
- Adam Drake – 10:17.223 (USA) Mugen / OS / Proline
- Jörn Neumann – 10:18.609 (Germany) Sworkz / Mx / Proline
- Aaron Stringer – 10:20.660 (Australia) Mugen / OS / AKA
- Jared Tebo – 10:21.137 (USA) Kyosho / Mx / AKA
- Cole Ogden – 10:23.460 (USA) HB Racing / REDs / JConcepts
- Tanner Stees – 10:23.923 (USA) Xray / OS / Proline
- Spencer Rivkin – 10:24.254 (USA) Associated / Mx / JConcepts
- Yusuke Sugiura – 10:25.028 (Japan) Kyosho / OS
- Renaud Savoya – 10:25.468 (France) TLR / RC Concept / JConcepts
- Bruno Coelho – 10:25.567 (Portugal) Xray / FX / Proline
View the complete results here.